Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hurricane Issac Rain

When the rain from Hurricane Issac came rolling through our part of the country, I was elated to finally have a good, long thunderstorm. It has been so dry here that I don't think anyone minded the rain. Thunderstorms excite and invigorate me; as a child I had to be told not to run about in the lightning and thunder, and even then I didn't listen sometimes...



Rain also inspires reflection in me. I love to curl up with a hot cup of tea and just think and look and listen to the rain, on the (now rare) occasions when I don't have anything pressing to do. Rain is soothing, relaxing, and renewing.



When the rain slowed down a bit, I ran out into the back yard to the bird bath, and found that the birds had been enjoying the rain as well; there were several tiny grey feathers floating in the bird bath. Seeing the little birds bathing in the bird bath always gives me a good laugh. They're so business-like about it, which just makes them look even more hilarious.


Oh, such a tiny little feather!



No comments:

Post a Comment